Saturday, February 9, 2013

Y'all Eating Horse Meat

     In 2011 Obama signed a bill that allows horse meat to be sold in those tasty burgers you love so much. It's interesting that this fact wasn't covered on television news very much. I've heard more about the cast of Jersey Slwhore  Shore than I've heard about the ingredients in the food people eat everyday. I think one is more important than the other, but maybe it's just me. Horse meat has been found in the meat from one of Burger King's food suppliers.
 It's also been found in some "beef" products in the UK. I always thought beef was cow meat. So can we call horse....heef? I think I like that term. While I don't eat beef, I know that almost all of my family and friends love it. I doubt that any of them want to eat Mr. Ed.

I loved watching reruns of this '60s show as a kid. I was convinced that somewhere out there, a talking horse really existed. Gotta love Nick at Nite! 


 The U.K. had beef lasagna that actually had beef in it. And several countries in Europe have found horse DNA in their burgers. What's more, the U.S. is far more lax in it's regulations on foodSo imagine what's going on in the food here in the U.S. But hey, maybe meat is meat. 


Would you eat horse meat? Do you think it's wrong for companies to label horse meat as beef?
Leave a comment below and let me know! 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment