Friday, July 20, 2012

Two for You: Easy Steps for Better Health

Welcome to my first Two for You, where I'll give you 2 tips on being fit or chic. Today, here are some easy steps you can take to improve your health.
                                                         
       It's taken me years to get to the point I'm at. I've had to make a change in how I think before I could change how I eat. The truth is, for whatever reason, not everyone is ready or willing to eat clean. And that's okay, especially if you're willing to keep an open mind. With that said, here are few ways you can contribute to your health, without making major changes yet.

  • Wake up with water. A recent study found that drinking chilled water as soon as you wake up boosts metabolism (the amount of calories burned) by 24% for the next 90 minutes after. source
  • Drink one cup of green tea daily. It's been studied for decades and it's been shown to help burn fat, lower cholesterol, help to fight the cells that lead to cancer, and prevent diabetes and stroke. Now even if only half of this were true, wouldn't that little cup still be worth it? And if you don't like the flavor make sure you use warm, not super hot water, which makes it more bitter. There's also lots of flavor combinations available.  (source) 

2 comments:

  1. Giiiiiirrrrrlllll you gonna have me drinking ice cold water in the mornings now!!!! This better work, lol! I normally drink room temp water because I heard that you are able to drink more water that way but I'm gonna give this cold water thing a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Let me know how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete